While it was a mild winter, we are all still glad that spring is finally in bloom, and with it comes trotting out the beloved tradition of Easter egg hunts. We followed the rabbit trail to find some …
While it was a mild winter, we are all still glad that spring is finally in bloom, and with it comes trotting out the beloved tradition of Easter egg hunts. We followed the rabbit trail to find some of the best events taking place in the area.
• Brightwaters Easter Egg Hunt at Wohseepee Park, Saturday, April 8, at 3 p.m., and sponsored by the Village and Bay Shore Lions Club
• Babylon Village Chamber of Commerce presents their annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 1, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Registration is at 10:30 a.m. until 1 p.m., in front of Fitness Incentives, at 157 Deer Park, Babylon. Take a photo with the Easter Bunny, (BYOC) Bring Your Own Camera.
• Let them ‘EGG YOUR HOUSE’ and support the Islip High School Post Prom Committee with their biggest fundraiser of the year. In this egg-citing fundraiser, students will hide plastic-filled eggs on your lawn, or in a bag on your door the night before easter. It is limited to the Islip School District. It’s 40 Eggs for $25, and 80 Eggs for $45 (candy/small toy filled). Eggs to be delivered and hidden on your front lawn on April 8, after dark. In the event of inclement weather, a bag will be left at your door. For questions call/text Laura Rogacki at 631-875-5049.
• Easter Egg-A-Palooza on April 1, from 9 a.m. to noon. Get a picture with the Easter Bunny. There will also be bouncy houses, face painting, popcorn, easter-egg gathering, cotton candy, prizes and giveaways, and much more. $10/per child. 17 and older free.
• Belmont Lake Spring Egg Hunt, Belmont Lake State Park, 625 Belmont Road, North Babylon. Saturday, April 1, from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. For children 12 and under. $8 vehicle use fee. Children can participate in an egg hunt as well as visit a petting zoo, take a pony ride, and play various games. The highlight of the day is meeting the Spring Bunny and having your picture taken with them. Sponsors and food vendors will be on-site as well.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here